The ZONE GUARDIAN is a device which allows the mandatory quarterly testing of a wet-pipe fire sprinkler system’s waterflow detector (flow switch) to be carried out remotely, saving both time and cost for end-users and fire sprinkler maintenance contractors.
The unit ensures zero wastage of water by the use of an artificial water flow created using a high-efficiency self-venting circulator pump manufactured by a global supplier.
ZONE GUARDIAN is available in pipe sizes from 2″/50mm up to 8″/200mm and includes – as well as the circulator pump – a Potter VSR vane-type flow switch with adjustable retard and ball valves for vent, test and pump isolation., all mounted on 450mm long BS EN 10255 coated pipe with grooved connections each end.
The assembly may be installed horizontally or vertically (with upward flow) as long as the circulator axis is horizontal and the flow switch is not upside down.
An electronic key-operated test module is included to allow testing of both the local and any interconnected waterflow detectors.
Options include left or right-hand orientation, pre-wiring, retro-fit kits, custom colours and more.
ZONE GUARDIAN is stocked by and available through our exclusive distributor, Zeffire Ltd, as well as directly from SEP.
- Pipe sizes: 2″/50mm, 21/2″/65mm, 3″/80mm, 4″/100mm, 6″/150mm, 8″/200mm
- Approvals: applied for
- Download the data sheet below for weights and dimensions
- Trigger flow rate: 38lpm
- Enclosure rating: IP54
- Contact rating: 10A @ 125/250VAC; 10mA @ 24VDC
- Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
- Power: 60W max
- Current: 0.58A
- Surface-mounted, key-operated multi-function
- Voltage in: 230VAC 50Hz
- Voltage out: 230VAC 50Hz (local) or 24VDC (interconnect)
- LEDs: Green: power/standby; Amber: test in progress; Red: flow switch active