Welcome to SEP
Welcome to SEP, British manufacturers and suppliers of a range of specialist products for the FIRE SPRINKLER INDUSTRY.
Our stock and range of air compressors, flow switch test devices, pump initiation/test boards, booster pumps and associated accessories is constantly expanding – we regularly work with customers to manufacture bespoke solutions, often unique in the market.
SEP has been established for over 30 years and is one of the UK’s leading names in the industry, renowned for our quality, customer responsive and flexibility. Our extensive portfolio includes:
- Air compressors (LPC- and FM-compliant, unique duplex stations, or off-the-shelf) for use on dry, alternate, tail-end or pre-action systems of almost any size; also air dryers, air maintenance devices and numerous ancillaries;
- ZONE GUARDIAN for remote flow switch testing, or manual alternatives (from 1” to 6” pipe);
- Pump initiation panels with unique properties making them the smallest and lightest in the industry;
- Alarm valve booster pumps for false alarm prevention on mains pressure fed systems;
- Jockey and other booster pumps for mains- or tank-fed applications;
- Residential booster pump sets and ancillaries for single or multiple occupancy dwellings;
- Priority Demand Valves – fail-safe valves designed to cut off the domestic water on the event of fire sprinkler activation;
- Dry Riser Test Pumps which remove the need for heavy petrol-driven pumps;
- Many different types of pressure gauges (including in-house calibration and certification), pressure switches, valves of every description, orifice plates and other fittings, flow meters and custom-built pipework. We are often challenged to source all manner of difficult and obscure items, using our expertise and many contacts to succeed.
As a manufacturer of many key components, we also hold a wide range of spares that are available for both planned maintenance and emergency support.
In the 1980s, local engineer David Birch had a brilliant idea. After spending many years fabricating fire protection pipework on-site, he envisaged a way for the industry’s installers to save time and money by using factory pre-fabrication techniques in a more efficient, professional way. As with all the best innovative ideas, it was simple.
And it was this simple idea that laid the foundations for Sale Engineering Products to be established in the early 1990s. From its early beginnings in borrowed ‘garage’ space, the company expanded into its own workshop in 1995, and moved again in 2010 to larger premises just south of Manchester, England.
Since acquisition in 2014, the company has entered the next phase of its growth under the management of Rob Bell, a business professional having over 25 years’ experience within engineering, manufacturing and projects. Relocating to even larger premises in 2017 in order to cope with ever-increasing demand and the launch of our first ever LPC-approved product, SEP continues to go from strength to strength and has quadrupled in size since acquisition.
We believe that the range and quality of products we offer, supported by our customer service and skilled workforce, is unique. We are now established as one of the UK’s most respected manufacturers and suppliers of specialist products for the fire sprinkler industry.
Although we are growing rapidly, we are still proud to be a small company with a dedicated, skilled and experienced workforce. This gives us our ability to react quickly and professionally to customer requirements, many of which go way beyond our ‘catalogue’.
Responsive, Flexible and always High Quality. That’s our promise to our customers.
- We will always try to respond to enquiries, questions and requests quickly. And by quickly we mean: normally minutes, occasionally hours, but never days.
- Flexibility means having a ‘YES we can’ attitude. Give us a problem and we’ll create a solution, with you and for you, that works.
- High quality has always been at the heart of everything we do. We are ISO9001 certified with regular audits carried out by TUV (the UKAS-accredited certification body), BRE/LPCB and FM Approvals.
Our plans for the future are as exciting as our past. We’re a modern, contemporary company that takes its lead from its customers, and keeps them regularly informed. You’ll continue to see positive changes, and these will lead to even better products and even better customer service.
Although the British exit from the EU will bring uncertainty, and maybe some short-term difficulties, we are committed to continuing to grow our international presence and welcome enquiries from all over the world – if we do not have a distributor local to you, there is no reason we cannot deal directly.
We’re constantly improving and, where appropriate, adding to our expansive fire protection product range. From online to on-site, SEP are a traditional company that’s prepared for the future and for further success. Welcome to our world.
Although we have certain basic language skills within the company, if you need to contact us for more information, then please email or use our contact form in the first instance – we will get back to you very quickly.