Our Beginnings: In the 1980s, Sale-based engineer David Birch had a brilliant idea. After spending many years fabricating pipework for the fire protection industry, he envisaged a way for the industry’s installers to save time and money by using offsite pre-fabrication techniques in a more efficient, professional way. As with all the best innovative ideas, it was simple.
And it was this simple idea that laid the foundations for Sale Engineering Products to be established in the early 1990s. From its early beginnings in borrowed ‘garage’ space, the company expanded into its own workshop in 1995, and moved again in 2010 to larger premises in Cheadle, south of Manchester.
Since acquisition in 2014, the company has entered the next phase of its growth under the management of Rob Bell, a business professional having over 25 years’ experience within engineering, manufacturing and projects. Relocating to even larger premises (still in Cheadle) in 2017 in order to cope with ever-increasing demand and the launch of our first ever LPC-approved product, SEP continues to go from strength to strength and has tripled in size since acquistiion.
Our Services: We believe that the range and quality of products we offer, supported by our customer service and skilled workforce, is unique.
Now established as one of the UK’s most respected manufacturers and suppliers of specialist products for the fire sprinkler industry, SEP’s portfolio includes:
- Air compressors of various types for use on dry, alternate, tail-end or pre-action systems – specifically designed to meet all industry guidelines;
- Water flow alarm switch test devices, especially the 2017 LPCB-approved ZONE GUARDIAN;
- Pump initiation/test boards;
- Alarm valve (or false alarm) booster pumps for use on mains pressure-fed systems and;
- A range of products for domestic and residential fire sprinklers including booster pump sets, resi-risers and a suitably-sized ZONE GUARDIAN.
SEP also manufacture and supply a large range of spares and accessories including jockey & booster pumps, off-the-shelf compressors, pressure gauges, pressure switches, valves of every type, orifice plates, flow meters and custom-built pipework. We are often challenged to source all manner of difficult and obscure items, using our expertise and many contacts to succeed.
Although we are growing rapidly, we are still proud to be a small company with a dedicated, skilled and experienced workforce. This gives us our ability to react quickly and professionally to customer requirements, many of which go way beyond our ‘catalogue’.
Our Ethos: Responsive, Flexible and always High Quality. That’s our promise to our customers.
- We will always try to respond to enquiries, questions and requests quickly. And by quickly we mean hours, if not minutes, but never days.
- Flexibility means having a ‘YES we can’ attitude. Give us a problem and we’ll create a solution, with you and for you, that works
- High quality has always been at the heart of everything we do. We are ISO9001 certified with annual audits by TUV, the UKAS-accredited certification body.
Our Future: Our plans for the future are as exciting as our past. We’re a modern, contemporary company that takes its lead from its customers, and keeps them regularly informed. You’ll continue to see positive changes, and these will lead to even better products and even better customer service.
We’re constantly improving and, where appropriate, adding to our expansive fire protection product range. From online to on-site, SEP are a traditional company that’s prepared for the future and for further success.