Dry pipe systems require ultra dry, ultra clean compressed air and our air compressors with desiccant dryers are designed specifically for these applications.
A dry pipe sprinkler system provides protection in cold areas of a building where very low or freezing temperatures can be expected. This would include places such as walk-in commercial freezers, unheated warehouse spaces, loading docks open to the outside and other similar locations.
If warm air enters a cold space such as these, the rapid cooling of the air means it can hold less moisture and hence condensation forms and this water can then freeze. In the worst cases whole sections of pipe can become blocked by ice and hence render the fire sprinklers inoperable.
This is where a dry air system ensures very little moisture can enter the sprinkler pipes as the compressed air has been passed through a desiccant dryer prior to reaching the sprinkler heads.
Compressor Desiccant Dryers Include
- Moisture removal down to a dew-point of -40°C, with pre- and after-filtration.
- Compressors with dryers are most commonly manufactured with air receivers.
- Air receivers with 24 litre 11 bar receiver with drain valve.
- Air dryers are sized and supplied to suit the application.
- Our air-drying station can be manufactured using virtually any of the compressors in our range and for either 230v or 400v supplies.
- All units comply with LPC guidelines, and all materials comply with PED 97/23/EC.
There are a wide variety of product options available and many systems have specific requirements that need to be accommodated. We never take a one size fits all approach so if you are looking for a specific feature please fell free to give us a call or use our contact page to send us an enquiry.
You can download a product data sheet on our Air Dryers for Compressors page.